Saturday, December 18, 2010

Light Painting Photo Featured on Flickr's Blog

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2010/12/16/your-best-shot-2010-painting-with-light/

This light painting was featured on Flickr's blog along with several others to celebrate the best photos of 2010.  Welcome Flickr blog readers, and thank you Flickr!

This image was created on the Badwater salt flats in Death Valley National Park. I had a flashlight with three colors of LED light. During this single 30 second exposure I lit each color for close to 10 seconds while waving my arm around up and down (which traces a sphere, like a pumpkin).

The Badwater salt flats are particularly good for light painting, since there's minimal light pollution and the white surface reflects light well.

Death Valley offers a number of interesting landscapes for light painting... go explore!

3 comments:

  1. Arnie9:33 PM

    It earned it and the colors just added the magic. Great shot man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arnie! I have a set full of a variety of light painting photos over on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffreysullivan/sets/72157623756557840/
    I have more ideas that I haven't had time to explore yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bought a diving flashlight from linkdelight (Diving Flashlight). they give me a light painter. I can do light painting but i can not do a magic photo like you. how did you come it about? thanks

    ReplyDelete