Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fall Colors: Selecting a Destination

Here I am packing for my next photography trip. My ex scheduled a court date for exactly the middle of my planned trip. What a coincidence.

I'm examining the Forest Service's Rocky Mountain Region 2007 Fall Color Report to see where I should go with the 2 weeks I'll now have instead of the 4-6 I was counting on:

NEARLY ALL THE FORESTS WHO SENT IN A REPORT THIS WEEK AGREE THE FALL COLORS WILL BE REACHING THEIR PEAK COLOR BETWEEN THIS WEEKEND, SEPTEMBER 29th & 30th, AND THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND, OCTOBER 6th & 7th.

With favorable weather conditions, the color should continue to intensify during the next 2 - 3 weeks. With even a little more luck from the weather, there could be good color into the last week of October in some areas.


I'd better get moving!

As I was dropping off some legal documents to keep me out of hot water while I'm on the road, The Doors were playing, and Jim Morrison seemed to be urging me out the door.

Ah keep your eyes on the road,
Your hands upon the wheel.
Keep your eyes on the road
Your hands upon the wheel.
Yeah, were going to the roadhouse,
Gonna have a real good-time.

...
The futures uncertain
And the end is always near.

Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, all night long.

No comments:

Post a Comment